Cooking time: 30 minutes
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 10/12 cupcakes
Carrots cake ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 200 gr carrots
- 200 flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder (16 gr)
- 150 gr yogurt (I use one with lemon flavour but you can use whatever you prefer)
- 1 vanilla extract
Cream cheese frosting ingredients:
- 200 gr cream cheese
- 80 gr powdered sugar
- Sugar decorations or smashed nuts
Steps for the cupcakes
I use a stand mixer but an electric whisk or a whisk will do be fine as well.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar
- On another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Add the dry ingredients to the eggs and mix
- Add the yogurt and mix
- Add the previously shredded carrots (I use a mixer)
- Fill your cupcake liners (3/4 full)
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 180°
Steps for the frosting
- Using a stand mixer, an electric or normal whisk, mix the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until the cream is soft or until you reach the consistency you prefer (if you’re going to pipe the frosting on, you may need a bit more sugar). If you want a smooth frosting sift the powdered sugar
- Leave it in the fridge for 20 minutes
When the carrot cupcakes are cooked, let them cool completely before decorating them.
Transfer the frosting to a plastic bag or similar tool for piping it evenly on the cupcakes if you want to have a nice decoration. Alternatively you can use a spoon.
Top with sugared decorations, nuts or any sprinkles you prefer!
I will try it out and let you know 😇