Cooking time: 40 minutes
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 people
This recipe is one of my favourite as it’s super easy and I love raisins! You can prepare it for a party, tee time or for a sweet breakfast.
For a crunchy effect you can add nuts into the mixture.
- 4 eggs
- 200 gr sugar
- 150 gr raisins
- 400 gr flour
- 150 ml corn oil
- 1 sachet of baking powder (16 gr)
- 150 gr yogurt (I use one with vanilla flavour but you can use whatever you prefer)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 lemon (grated rind and juice)
- powdered sugar for final decoration
I use a stand mixer but an electric whisk or a whisk will works just fine.
- Put the raisins to soak in cold water
- Turn on the oven at 170 °
- Mix the eggs with the sugar and a pinch of salt
- Keep whipping, add oil, then the yogurt and the lemon rind and juice
- Butter a 26 cm tube cake pan
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add it to the previously made mixture using a spatula
- Remove water from the raisins, squeeze it slightly and flour it (This will help not have all raisins at the bottom of the mixture)
- Add the raisins to the mixture using the spatula
- Pour the mixture into the buttered cake pan
- Bake at 170 ° for about 40 minutes, check with a toothpick (if it is cooked it must be dry, otherwise continue cooking for a few more minutes)
- Let it cool on a tray and sprinkle with powdered sugar
Try it out and let me know if you liked it! I want to see your pics!